Just completed a redesign for Siam Real Estate, specializing in Phuket villa rentals and property sales.
The graphic design – including much of the markup and CSS – was done by Blue D.Zine here in Phuket.
Much of the front-end has been redeveloped, including new property-renderers. New features include:
- Improved site navigation
- Map-based criteria selection for property searching
- Google maps for property locations
- Owner self-add of properties
Also included are many performance optimizations and code-refactoring, both on the server-side and on the client-side.
Check out the complete site at: http://www.siamrealestate.com/
Bumped into an interesting feature today. Well, whether it’s a feature or a gotcha appears to be in the eye of the beholder. And, I’ll tell ya, for this particular beholder, it was a gotcha.
I’ve got some code that builds a SQL query from a variable set of parameters. Most parameters are involved with building a dynamic WHERE clause. Other parameters are for pagination, setting a LIMIT clause on the query that eventually gets built. Another parameter is whether to make the query a COUNT() query or whether to actually pull rows from the db.
In the case where I build a COUNT() query, I was carelessly allowing a zero-based LIMIT clause – something like LIMIT 0,10 – to be appended to the query. No sweat, I figured, since I really only need the single-row containing the count I am requesting.
However, it turns out that this LIMIT was actually be applied *before* the COUNT()-ing, not after. So, my COUNT() was completely wrong, often returning 0.
There’s an hour of my life – spent in furious frustration – that I’ll never get back.